Haven Apprenticeship for Teens:
Independent & Interdependent Studies
Intensive Support for Self-directed Learning - Strategies and Tools
with learning coach Claudia L'Amoreaux
at The Haven Learning Center in West Berkeley
Learning how to learn (meta-learning) is the key to becoming a self-directed learner. It may even be the most essential skill for academic success and personal fulfillment. This intensive gives teens an opportunity to understand and practice the basics of meta-learning.
Weekly one-on-one coaching sessions help teens:
- identify and transform limiting learning myths
- tame the inner critic
- clarify purposes and goals - both academic and personal
- create flexible and effective strategies to get where they want to go
- organize time, attention and resources to achieve goals
- evaluate the quality of their achieved outcomes
- use feedback to refine and modify goals and strategies
- create successful apprenticeships
- design authentic paths to higher education & career
Frequent group learning adventures offer teens:
- social dimension to independent learning
- rites of passage groups
- performance art support
- social activism workshops
- social entrepreneur workshops
- new science and whole systems studies
- group Learning Conversations with leaders in sustainable business
Weekly sessions, once a week for one hour.
These weekly sessions help teens develop understanding and skills they can use to take charge of their learning and have a successful academic year. Learning how to learn coaching offers a powerful support structure for teens committed to improving how they learn and becoming self-directed learners.
- Cost - Inquire about payment plans
Includes half-hour, in-person consultation with parent/s at beginning and half-hour phone consultation monthly.
Call or email for an application and to schedule an interview. Limited to 12 teens. A few spaces are currently available.
Contact Claudia L'Amoreaux at the Haven Learning Center, 510.769.8167, or email CL@learningconversations.com.
The Haven Learning Center is dedicated to helping all ages of people enjoy ecstatic and
expansive learning. We practice an integrative (mind body spirit), well-being and resiliency approach to learning and learning differences based on Humberto Maturana's work in
the biology of love, and Claudia's thirty years in transformational learning.